Conference participants should plan to arrive in Boston on Wednesday, July 17, as the meeting begins early the next morning. Departures are recommended for the afternoon of Saturday, July 20 after the morning panels have finished.
Visitors traveling by air are encouraged to fly into Boston via the Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). The airport is serviced by American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Southwest Arilines, and United Airlines, among others.
Transportation from Airport
The Marriott Hotel is next to Kendall Station, which serves the MBTA red line subway (locally referred to as the "T"). Transportation from Boston Logan Airport is free from all terminals using the MBTA’s Silver Line, which connects to the red line at South Station. Taxis and ride-sharing services are also available.
MIT East Campus Map
Conference activities will take place at the Samberg Conference Center and Wong Auditorium, both of which are generally walkable from both lodging locations.
Below is information on the reimbursement procedure for those who have been awarded NSF travel grants and the AERoPUP fellows. Reimbursements will be processed through Harvard University, and questions about the procedure should be directed to Keri Lemasters (email@example.com).Please find below Harvard’s non-employee reimbursement form, the W9 blank form, and Harvard’s foreign vendor request form. To be set up in Harvard’s system, US Citizens and Permanent Residents need to fill out and return the W9. All others need to fill out and return the Foreign Vendor Request form. Each reimbursee should also complete the non-employee reimbursement form, which acts as a summary of relevant expenses incurred. All receipts (itemized if appropriate) should be attached to the non-employee reimbursement form. A few specifics regarding Harvard’s reimbursement policies are below:
- Each individual seeking reimbursement should be a member of the Society.
- Travel booked should be economy class and, if it is air travel, on an American Flag Carrier.
- If travel not directly related to the conference is being tacked on to your trip, a real time (i.e. within 24 hours) comparison of the cost for travel booked and travel needed will have to be submitted along with your reimbursement.
- All reimbursements should be submitted as soon as possible upon completion of travel.
- Proof of travel (i.e. boarding passes) should be submitted along with receipts.